Have you ever wanted to give your furniture, cabinets, or walls a wood-like appearance without the hassle of sanding, stripping, or priming? If so, you might be interested in Retique It® Liquid Wood, a revolutionary product that allows you to create a realistic wood finish on almost any surface.
Retique It® Liquid Wood is a water-based, eco-friendly, and low-odor product that contains over 60% recycled wood fibers. It can be applied with a brush or a sprayer over paint, metal, plastic, glass, concrete, and more. Once dry, you can stain it with any color of your choice and seal it with a top coat for a durable and beautiful result.
In this blog post, we will show you how to use Retique It® Liquid Wood to transform any surface in your home or office. We will also share some tips and tricks to help you achieve the best results possible.
What You Will Need
To use Retique It® Liquid Wood, you will need the following items:
- A surface to transform. You can use Retique It® Liquid Wood on almost any surface, such as furniture, cabinets, doors, walls, countertops, floors, and more. The only exception is fabric or leather.
- Retique It® Liquid Wood in the shade of your choice. There are four shades available: light wood, medium wood, dark wood, and gray wood. You can also mix them to create custom shades.
- A brush or a sprayer. You can apply Retique It® Liquid Wood with a synthetic bristle brush or a paint sprayer. If you use a sprayer, make sure to dilute the product with water according to the instructions on the bottle.
- A stain or a gel stain. You can use any stain or gel stain to color your Retique It® Liquid Wood after it dries. You can choose from a variety of colors and finishes to suit your style and preference.
- A top coat. You can use any water-based top coat to seal and protect your Retique It® Liquid Wood after staining it. You can choose from matte, satin, semi-gloss, or gloss finishes.
How to Use Retique It® Liquid Wood
Using Retique It® Liquid Wood is easy and fun. Just follow these simple steps:
- Clean your surface. Make sure your surface is clean and dry before applying Retique It® Liquid Wood. Remove any dust, dirt, grease, or wax with a mild cleaner and a cloth. If your surface is glossy or smooth, you may want to lightly scuff it with sandpaper for better adhesion.
- Apply Retique It® Liquid Wood. Shake the bottle well before using it. Pour some product into a tray or a cup and dip your brush or sprayer into it. Apply a thin and even coat of Retique It® Liquid Wood over your surface in the direction of the wood grain. Avoid overlapping or pooling the product. Let it dry for about an hour or until it is no longer tacky.
- Stain your Retique It® Liquid Wood. Once your Retique It® Liquid Wood is dry, you can stain it with any color of your choice. Use a clean brush or a rag to apply the stain over the Retique It® Liquid Wood in the direction of the wood grain. Wipe off any excess stain with a clean rag. Let it dry for about an hour or until it is no longer tacky.
- Seal your Retique It® Liquid Wood. After staining your Retique It® Liquid Wood, you can seal it with a water-based top coat for extra protection and durability. Use a clean brush or a sprayer to apply the top coat over the stained Retique It® Liquid Wood in thin and even coats. Let each coat dry for about an hour before applying another one. You can apply two to three coats depending on the desired finish.
Tips and Tricks
To help you achieve the best results possible with Retique It® Liquid Wood, here are some tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Test your products on a small area first before applying them on the entire surface. This will help you check the color and the finish of your products and make any adjustments if needed.
- Work in a well-ventilated area and wear protective gloves and eyewear when using Retique It® Liquid Wood and other products.
- Stir your products well before using them and avoid shaking them to prevent air bubbles from forming.
- Apply thin and even coats of Retique It® Liquid Wood and other products to avoid drips and runs.
- Use long and smooth strokes when applying Retique It® Liquid Wood and other products to create a natural wood grain effect.
- Work quickly and avoid going back over wet areas to prevent lifting or smudging the product.
- Use a hair dryer or a heat gun to speed up the drying time of Retique It® Liquid Wood and other products if needed.
- Sand lightly between coats of Retique It® Liquid Wood and other products to smooth out any imperfections and create a smooth finish.
- Use a clear wax or a glaze to add more depth and dimension to your Retique It® Liquid Wood after sealing it.
Retique It® Liquid Wood is an amazing product that can transform any surface into a realistic wood finish. It is easy to use, eco-friendly, and versatile. You can use it on almost any surface and customize it with any color and finish of your choice. Whether you want to update your furniture, cabinets, walls, or floors, Retique It® Liquid Wood can help you achieve the look you want.
If you are interested in trying Retique It® Liquid Wood, you can order it online from their official website amazon.
Retique It® Liquid Wood is more than just a faux finish. It is a way to create a wood-like appearance on any surface with ease and style. Try it today and see the difference for yourself.