If you love pancakes, you probably have a box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix in your pantry. This classic mix makes it easy to whip up fluffy and golden pancakes in minutes. But did you know that you can also add some extra ingredients to the mix to make it even more delicious and nutritious?
In this blog post, I will show you how to make Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist. This easy recipe adds mashed banana and chopped walnuts to the basic mix for a moist and flavorful breakfast. The banana adds natural sweetness and fiber, while the walnuts add crunch and healthy fats. Plus, they taste amazing with maple syrup and butter!
This recipe is perfect for a weekend brunch, a special occasion, or a cozy morning at home. It only takes about 20 minutes to make, and it serves four people. You can also customize it with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, whipped cream, or chocolate chips.
Ready to try it? Here’s what you need and how to make it.
To make these delicious Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of Aunt Jemima complete pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Optional toppings: maple syrup, butter, fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate chips, etc.
Follow these simple steps to make your Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist:
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
- Add the milk, eggs, and oil to the bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Gradually stir in the pancake mix until you have a smooth batter. Don’t overmix or your pancakes will be tough.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts with a spatula.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while you heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Grease it lightly with oil or cooking spray.
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve your Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are some tips and variations to make your Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist even better:
- You can use any kind of milk you like, such as almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- You can use any kind of oil you like, such as coconut oil, olive oil, or butter.
- You can use any kind of nuts you like, such as pecans, almonds, or pistachios.
- You can add some spices to the batter for extra flavor, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract.
- You can add some chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter for extra sweetness and color.
- You can freeze any leftover pancakes in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 3 months. To reheat them, microwave them for about 30 seconds or toast them in the oven.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to make delicious Aunt Jemima pancakes with a twist. This easy recipe is a great way to use up your pancake mix and add some extra flavor and nutrition to your breakfast. Try it today and let me know what you think!
If you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family on social media. And don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter for more recipes like this one delivered straight to your inbox.
Thank you for reading and happy cooking!