What Are Skinwalker Deer?
Skinwalker deer are a type of cryptid, or a creature that is not recognized by mainstream science, but has been reported by eyewitnesses. They are based on the legend of the skinwalker, a harmful witch that can transform into or possess any animal or person.
The term skinwalker comes from the Navajo word “yee naaldlooshii”, which means “by means of it, it goes on all fours”. The Navajo believe that skinwalkers are corrupted medicine men who have abused their power and knowledge of dark magic. They can use animal skins, bones, or other objects to change their shape or influence others.
Skinwalkers are not limited to one animal form, but they most commonly appear as deer. This is because deer are abundant and inconspicuous in many regions, especially in the American Southwest where the legend originates. Skinwalkers may also choose deer because they are prey animals, and skinwalkers feed on the fear and suffering of their victims.
However, skinwalker deer are not perfect imitations of real deer. They often have some features that betray their true nature, such as:
- Forward-facing blue eyes, instead of sideways-facing brown eyes
- An elongated or twisted neck
- A clicking sound instead of a snort or a bleat
- Abnormal or jerky movements
- No fear of humans or vehicles
Some people believe that skinwalker deer are not actually skinwalkers themselves, but animals that have been possessed or controlled by them. Others think that they are skinwalkers who have not mastered the art of shapeshifting and have left some flaws in their disguise.
Why Are Skinwalker Deer Dangerous?
Skinwalker deer are dangerous because they have malicious intentions towards humans. They may stalk, harass, or attack people who cross their path, especially if they sense fear or weakness. They may also lure people into traps by pretending to be injured or friendly.
Skinwalkers are said to have various supernatural abilities, such as:
- Reading minds or influencing thoughts
- Causing disease or death by curses or spells
- Creating illusions or hallucinations
- Controlling the weather or the elements
- Teleporting or flying
Some of these powers may be used by skinwalker deer to harm or manipulate their targets. For example, they may cause a person to see a friendly deer that leads them into a remote area, where they are ambushed by other skinwalkers or wild animals. They may also cause a person to become sick or die by looking at them with the “evil eye” or by using a personal object, such as hair or clothing, to cast a hex.
Skinwalker deer may also have ulterior motives for their actions. Some legends suggest that skinwalkers need to kill a close relative or a person of their own clan to become one, and that they need to keep killing to maintain their power. Others claim that skinwalkers are collecting human souls for the devil, or that they are trying to spread fear and chaos among the living.
How To Spot A Skinwalker Deer?
Skinwalker deer are not easy to spot, as they can blend in with their surroundings and use their magic to avoid detection. However, there are some signs that may indicate the presence of a skinwalker deer, such as:
- A deer that is unusually large, aggressive, or fearless
- A deer that has unnatural features, such as blue eyes, a twisted neck, or a human-like face
- A deer that makes strange noises, such as clicking, laughing, or speaking
- A deer that appears in places where deer are not expected, such as urban areas, roadsides, or graveyards
- A deer that leaves behind odd tracks, such as human footprints, claw marks, or symbols
- A deer that is accompanied by other animals that act strangely, such as coyotes, wolves, bears, or birds
If you see any of these signs, you should be cautious and alert. Do not approach or follow the deer, as it may be a trap. Do not make eye contact with the deer, as it may give it power over you. Do not touch anything that belongs to the deer, such as fur, bones, or antlers, as it may be cursed.
What To Do If You Encounter A Skinwalker Deer?
If you encounter a skinwalker deer, you should try to get away from it as quickly and safely as possible. Do not panic or show fear, as it may encourage the skinwalker to pursue you. Do not try to fight or harm the skinwalker, as it may retaliate with greater force or call for backup.
Some possible ways to escape or protect yourself from a skinwalker deer are:
- Drive away in a vehicle, if possible. Skinwalkers may be fast, but they cannot outrun a car. However, be careful not to crash or get stuck, as the skinwalker may take advantage of your vulnerability.
- Seek shelter in a building, preferably one that is sacred or blessed. Skinwalkers may be reluctant or unable to enter places that have positive energy or protection, such as churches, temples, or homes with holy symbols or charms.
- Use weapons or objects that have spiritual or cultural significance. Skinwalkers may be repelled or harmed by things that represent their enemies or their own corruption, such as silver bullets, iron nails, ash, salt, sage, or turquoise.
- Pray or chant for help or guidance. Skinwalkers may be afraid or weakened by the presence or invocation of higher powers, such as God, angels, ancestors, or guardians. You may also recite verses or songs that have personal or communal meaning, such as the Bible, the Quran, the Vedas, or the Star-Spangled Banner.
- Seek help from someone who knows how to deal with skinwalkers. Skinwalkers may be deterred or defeated by people who have special knowledge or skills, such as medicine men, shamans, exorcists, or hunters. However, be careful who you trust, as some people may be skinwalkers in disguise.
Skinwalker deer are one of the most terrifying and mysterious cryptids in the world. They are based on the legend of the skinwalker, a witch that can shapeshift into any animal or person. They often appear as deer, but have some features that reveal their true nature. They are dangerous because they have evil intentions and supernatural powers. They can be spotted by some signs, but they are not easy to detect. They can be escaped or fought by some methods, but they are not easy to defeat.
If you ever encounter a skinwalker deer, remember to stay calm and act smart. Do not let it fool you or scare you. Do not let it harm you or anyone else. Do not let it win.